Segal GCSE LLP is a rapidly growing mid-size accounting, tax and business advisory firm headquartered in midtown Toronto. Segal GCSE is committed to growth by investing in our team, providing continuous learning and a positive, supportive work environment all with a focus on providing clients best in class client service.
As a member of our Tax Team, you will advise our clients on corporate and personal tax planning, deferral strategies, financing structures, employee compensation, owner-managed remuneration or a range of other complex tax issues. You will have the opportunity to resolve client issues directly with the client, the CRA and other government or regulatory agencies.
- Work with partners and the tax team on client engagements and deliverables, and practice development initiatives
- Support Partners, Principals and Managers in all aspects of personal and corporate tax initiatives
- Prepare notices of objection for corporate and personal clients and negotiate the same with the Appeals Division
- Prepare/review complex tax returns (T1, T2, and T3 returns) and tax elections as required
- Mentor, train, and delegate work to junior team members in the Tax team
- Research tax issues
- Prepare calculations to support tax analysis
- CPA designation; ideally enrolment in, the CICA In-Depth or M. Tax
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Ability to prepare effective research and planning memos independently and as part of a team
- Tax experience working with owner-managed clients. This would include experience in preparing T1, T2, T3 and T5013 tax returns. Experience with T4, T5 and NR slip preparation
- Experience with Non-Resident filing requirements in Canada would be an asset
- Excellent understanding of basic tax concepts and files
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ approach
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, is essential
- Be organized and able to meet multiple project deadlines while being detail oriented
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
This position represents a significant opportunity for those looking to advance their career by playing a major role in a growing organization, and who have the curiosity and interest in exposure to a broad range of clients, industries, and assignments.
To submit your resume for this position, please contact us by email here.