Segal GCSE LLP is a rapidly growing mid-size accounting, tax, and business advisory firm headquartered in midtown Toronto. Our Firm is committed to growth by investing in our team, providing continuous learning and a positive, supportive work environment all with a focus on providing clients best-in-class client service.
This position represents a significant opportunity for those looking to advance their career by playing a pivotal role in a growing organization. In this role, you will make significant contributions to a specialty service offering while continuing to be a well-rounded strategic advisor to our clients by working with colleagues from our tax, accounting, valuations, and advisory teams.
- Work with the Transfer Pricing Practice Leader on client engagements and deliverables and practice development initiatives. You will work on all aspects of the transfer pricing lifecycle including, planning, policy implementation, documentation, and audit defense.
- Actively participate in client functional analysis interviews, transcribe notes, prepare meeting minutes, perform financial and economic analyses, carry out industry and market research, comparative financial benchmarking, and prepare documentation per local country requirements.
- Assist with compilation of responses to local country tax authority audits and investigations, when required.
- Prepare and analyze financial and economic data for tax and regulatory compliance purposes, relying on tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and various statistical sampling packages.
- Review and analyze financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics from an accredited college/university, is required.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of transfer pricing-specific work experience gathered in public accounting, consulting, or an in-house role
- Experience in the following areas: transfer pricing studies, related party disclosures review, reporting and filing, financial statement analysis, quantitative and competitive analysis, statistical sampling, and econometrics.
- Working proficiency in Microsoft suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, is essential.
- Be a self-starter, proactive, and possess effective written and verbal communication skills as well as superior analytical skills.
- Be organized and able to meet multiple project deadlines while being detail oriented.
- Be collaborative, demonstrate a team-player mindset and strive to deliver an exceptional client service experience.
This position represents a significant opportunity for those looking to advance their career by playing a major role in a growing organization, and who have the curiosity and interest in exposure to a broad range of clients, industries, and assignments.