Segal GCSE LLP is a rapidly growing mid-size accounting, tax and business advisory firm situated in midtown Toronto. Segal GCSE is committed to growth by investing in our team, providing continuous learning and a positive, supportive work environment, with a focus on providing best in class client service.
This position represents a significant opportunity for those looking to advance their career by playing a major role in a growing organization. In this role you will be responsible for providing accounting and income tax services to our small and medium sized clients.
- Preparation of Notice to Reader Engagement working paper files, including all required forms, draft financial statements and corporate tax returns
- Preparation of regular external filings including GST, T4s and T5s
- Performing bookkeeping including reconciliations of bank accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Provide support to clients on general questions regarding year end and bookkeeping issues
- Responding to CRA enquiries and requests on behalf of clients
- Preparation of T1 Personal Income Tax Returns
- Compilation and organization of supporting documentation required to prepare income tax returns
Skills & Qualifications
- CPA or post-secondary diploma or certificate in accounting or equivalent practical experience
- 2 or more years of experience in a public accounting firm
- Strong technical expertise in accounting and tax; experience with investment bookkeeping preferred
- Must have experience with income tax preparation
- Comfortable working with CaseWare and Taxprep; proficiency in accounting related software
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Ability to grasp new technology tools as they evolve
- Prioritizing workload with the flexibility of managing multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be well organized, with a high attention to detail
- Excellent analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Be collaborative, demonstrate a team-player mindset and strive to deliver an exceptional client service experience
This position represents a significant opportunity for those looking to advance their career by playing a major role in a growing organization, and who have the curiosity and interest in exposure to a broad range of clients, industries, and assignments.