Segal GCSE LLP is a rapidly growing mid-size accounting, tax and business advisory firm situated in midtown Toronto. Segal GCSE is committed to growth by investing in our team, providing continuous learning and a positive, supportive work environment all with a focus on providing clients best in class client service.
This position represents a significant opportunity for those looking to advance their career by playing a major role in a growing organization. As the Manager on Segal GCSE’s Enterprise team, you will focus on supporting entrepreneurial business owners in a diverse range of industries.
- In consultation with partners and the teams, plan, manage and execute non-assurance engagements.
- Review non-assurance engagements for private clients to ensure that relevant professional standards are met.
- Plan, manage and participate in performing Notice to Reader, Review engagement, bookkeeping and accounting, financial statement preparations, preparation of corporate and personal tax returns and HST Return preparation.
- Monitor multiple projects and deadlines.
- Supervise small engagement teams and review the teams’ work.
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with clients, peers and team.
- Develop people by encouraging continuous learning, delegating effectively and supporting the team to take ownership and accountability to clients and their colleagues. Leads by example.
- Delegate effectively and contributes to a motivated and empowered work team. Shares and transfers knowledge within the team.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s industry and opportunities, issues and trends that impact their market or sector.
- Generate new business opportunities.
- A Canadian CPA designation.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a public accounting firm, with at least 1 year at the management level.
- Strong accounting and tax skills, general ledger, cash receipts, cash disbursements, investment company accounting and Canadian personal and corporate tax.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks Online. Knowledge of TaxPrep and CaseWare is an asset.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- The ability to lead, coach, motivate and direct a team of people.
- Team player with a positive perspective and approach.
- Creative problem solving and experience in delivery of quality client service.
This position represents a significant opportunity for those looking to advance their career by playing a major role in a growing organization, and who have the curiosity and interest in exposure to a broad range of clients, industries, and assignments.