As a Manager on Segal GCSE’s assurance team, you will focus on supporting entrepreneurial business owners in a diverse range of industries. You are a self-managed professional motivated to provide clients an outstanding level of client service within a team-based environment.
- In consultation with partners and engagement teams, plans, organizes, and controls multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve Audit, Review and Notice to Reader engagement objectives.
- Reviews engagement file, financial statements, and appropriate income tax returns
- Review of corporate tax returns; identify and propose solutions to corporate tax issues.
- Participate in performing assurance procedures with a focus on the most current standards.
- Monitors multiple projects and deadlines
- Builds and nurtures strong working relationships with clients, peers, and team.
- Delegates effectively and contributes to a motivated and empowered work team. Shares and transfers knowledge within the team.
- Develops an understanding of the client’s industry and opportunities, issues and trends that impact their market or sector
- Develops people by encouraging continuous learning, delegating effectively, and supporting the team to take ownership and accountability to clients and their colleagues. Leads by example
- Generate new business opportunities.
Professional Skills, Attributes and Education
- Canadian CPA/CA designation or reciprocal CPA/CA designation recognized with CPA is mandatory
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in an accounting firm
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills with experience in all reporting standards and Canadian personal and corporate tax
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- The ability to lead, coach, motivate and direct a team of people
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ approach
- Creative problem solving and experience in delivery of quality client service
This position represents a significant opportunity for those looking to advance their career by playing a major role in a growing organization, and who have the curiosity and interest in exposure to a broad range of clients, industries, and assignments.