Segal GCSE LLP is a rapidly growing mid-size accounting, tax and business advisory firm situated in midtown Toronto. Our firm is committed to growth by investing in our team, providing continuous learning and a positive, supportive work environment, all with a focus on providing clients best in class client service.
- Format, proofread and assemble compilation, review and audited financial statements using Caseware/Caseview and the tasks related to the preparation and assembly of financial statement packages.
- Preparation of financial statements, trusts and other annual filing and reports for clients.
- E-file corporate tax returns and monitor status and acknowledgements.
- Supporting processes to ensure accurate client and engagement management data and filing engagement documentation a paperless environment.
- Generate and finalize work in process and billing for multiple partners and managers.
- As a part of the service team, responsible for supporting the firm’s partners and first-line client service including responding to team and client inquiries.
- Prepare and edit reports, proposals, marketing materials and other communications.
- General administrative functions including occasional back-up for Operations team as required during year
- Relieve Receptionist, as necessary.
- Provide general administrative support to partners and team members.
- Other duties, as required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience in a public accounting firm.
- Graduate of an Office Administration Program, or the equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience creating charts and diagrams with Visio an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Caseware, Caseview and TaxPrep or similar software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including spelling, grammatical and proof-reading ability.
- Superior organization and time management skills.
- Good judgement and analytical skills, with a focus on attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to effectively work with others by sharing information and providing peers with assistance as needed.
- Experience working with professionals in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines.
- Flexible and able to work overtime during peak periods.
- Strives to deliver an exceptional client service experience.
This position represents a significant opportunity for those looking to advance their career by playing a major role in a growing organization, and who have the curiosity and interest in exposure to a broad range of clients, industries, and assignments.